Judging by appearances, little has changed at the Parkhotel Schönbrunn over the past century. Built in 1907 as a guest residence for Kaiser Franz Josef I, the hotel has preserved its royal atmosphere. Portraits of the Kaiser’s family still hang in the hotel, as if keeping a watchful eye on tradition. Located near renowned Schönbrunn Palace, the hotel forms part of a historically significant area. Designed by Arnold Heymann, it houses a traditional Viennese coffee house, deluxe hotel suites furnished with original Imperial furniture, and one of the few surviving classic ballrooms still in use in Vienna. The modernization of such an esteemed site was a challenge tackled by experienced professionals. When the hotel’s comprehensive renovation began in April 2010, KONE was awarded the contract to replace the antiquated elevators with efficient new transit technology.
- Modernization completed: 2011 (originally built: 1907)
- Floors: 7
- Rooms: 314 (18 suites and 7 barrier-free rooms)
- Architect: ACC Ziviltechniker GmbH
- Building owner: Hübner Hotel Betriebe Komm. Ges.
- 1 KONE MonoSpace® Special elevator
- 6 KONE MonoSpace® elevators
- 1 KONE TranSys™ elevator
- KONE Care™ Maintenance Service